What do you know about witchcraft? Are you sure what you think you know is actually fact? Is it even important that we know about witchcraft? Good questions? I think so. I personally think it is very important that we know about witchcraft because it is very popular today, and becoming more popular all the time. If someone doesn't know what it is they can't recognize it when they see it around them. Also, they may fall victim to a form of witchcraft themselves.
Many teens turn to witchcraft just to be cool or rebellious. Many adults turn to it because of the mysterious nature, and the freedom and power it is alleged to give its participants.
Even though witches don't worship Satan, as many believe, they still are into things controlled by Satan.
What Is Witchcraft?
Witchcraft is the use of spells and magick to bring about change. Witchcraft is not a religion, but there are witches in many religions. Some seek the help of spirits with their spells but others do not.
What Is A Witch?
A witch is anyone who practices witchcraft. This person can be male or female. Some witches claim to only do good magick to help others, while some will not mind putting a 'hex' on someone. A hex is a spell meant to cause another harm.
Some witches are actually Satanists, some are atheist, and some even claim to be Christian. Just because someone claims to be a witch does not tell you anything about their religion. The belief by many that all witches are Satan worshippers is pure myth. This myth is spread by Hollywood mostly, but also by misinformed ministers who do not know any better, or simply have their own agenda in perpetuating the myth.
Signs Of Witchcraft
Do you know how to tell if your friends or relatives are into witchcraft? Short of asking them directly there are a few things you can look for to help you decide. Please be advised these things are only indicators and not positive proof this person is a witch.
Items to look for are...
* Candles - I'm not saying anyone with candles in the home is a witch. Candles have other innocent uses, but witches do often use candles in their rituals. If you see the candles on something that looks like an altar then look carefully to see if that is a Christian altar. If it does not look like a Christian altar then it is possibly a magickal altar. At that point you might want to see if other indicators are also present.
* Incense - Incense is used by those who are not into witchcraft. Some people just like the smell, but as with the candles it is also used in rituals of witches. Look for other indicators.
* New age or occult books - Sure someone could read these books out of curiosity, but if there is an abundance of them it would tend to indicate a real involvement in witchcraft. Look for other indicators.
* Pentagram - the five pointed star. If a person wears a pentagram they most likely are into witchcraft. Other indicators would pretty much guarantee it.
* Hatred of Christianity - Generally speaking witches hate Christianity. If your friend or relative absolutely hates Christians or anything related to Christianity that is a strong indicator. Again, look for other indicators.
* Nature lover to the point of worshipping nature - It is good to love and respect nature, but some people take it to the extreme of actually worshipping nature. If you know someone who does this they just might be a witch. Look for other indicators.
* Believes in a God and Goddess or just Goddess - Witches sometimes worship a male and female divinity, calling them God and Goddess or Lord and Lady. These gods and goddesses may also have different names. There are feminist witches who only worship Goddess. Look for more indicators.
* Believes in many gods and/or goddesses - Some people believe in many gods and goddesses. Many of these people are witches. Look for more indicators.
* Talks about spells and/or magick - Those who talk a lot about doing magick most likely participate in this activity. It is wise, however, to look for more indicators.
* Owns tarot cards - Owning tarot cards does not make one a witch, but it is an indicator. As always, look for more indicators.
* Uses psychics - Many witches look to psychics for help and guidance. Often these psychics are into witchcraft themselves. There are misguided people who use psychics who are not witches, also. Look for more indicators.
* Into astrology - Definitely look for more indicators because many people trust their horoscope, but many witches are absolutely fascinated by astrology.
None of the above things alone confirm that a person is a witch, but if you see several indicators then you can pretty much count on it. Most of us have heard the old expression, "If it looks like a duck, and it walks like a duck, and it goes 'quack quack' it is a duck".
What Is Wrong With It According To The Bible?
In Galatians 5:19-21 it says The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
God's Word makes it very clear; those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. In other words, all those who practice witchcraft will go to hell unless they are saved by grace through putting their faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for the remission of their sins. Witchcraft is an act of the sinful nature. Is is not of God.
But, What About Christian Wicca? Isn't It Ok?
Christian Wicca is a blending of two religions - Wicca and Christianity. People who follow this path will take what they like from both religions and ignore the rest. This is very dangerous spiritually. If one is truly a Christian then they should stay far away from all forms of witchcraft. If one has never been saved in the first place Christian Wicca will just keep them from the soul-saving grace of Christ. Living a life based on principles of a made-up religion does not satisfy God's requirements. We must be saved to evade the horrors of hell.
What about The Christian Witch?
As I said above, Christians should stay far away from all forms of witchcraft. We need to pray for God's help and never resort to spells and magick to get what we want. We have a wonderful Father who loves us and cares for us. When we need help from a spirit we can call on God, who has numerous angels he can dispatch to aid us.
I encourage anyone involved in witchcraft to turn from it, and ask God for forgiveness. Jesus is the only way to find true happiness and realistic hope. Without Him eternity is only dark and demon-infested. Hell and Heaven are real. Don't make the wrong choice. Choose Jesus Christ and choose eternal bliss.